In response to some of the feedback I received on what you the reader would like to see more of, I am going to start to try to release more frequent newsletters. You have probably noticed the weekly update newsletter that reviews the posts on MikeReinold.com. I was always under the impression that you only wanted to hear from me when I had something really go to share, so I was trying to keep mailings to a minimum, but the response of the weekly summary newsletter was outstanding! 1000’s of you responded and enjoyed it so I will keep it up! Let me know if you have any more suggestions. I know I have been promising to be more active on Twitter and Facebook, I will try. I read so much online it would be easy enough to share with you.
Plays of the Week
- Don’t miss this one, Mike Roberston posted a 50 minute presentation he recently held on single-leg training. I love these kinds of presentations and video posts.
- Good discussion going on the main site regarding the McKenize MDT approach, check it out and be sure to read part 2, which posts tomorrow.
- Charlie Weingroff has a nice review of Gray Cook’s new book Movement, which I have included on my Essential Reading List 2010 Edition. I am also working on my review, which I hope to post in the next few weeks. I enjoyed the book.
- Chris Johnson has a nice post on the seated hip flexion exercise with a good video. Good idea, I know we talk a lot about the hip flexors being tight, but they also need to be strong.
- Bret Contreras has a nice guest post from Mike Boyle on his site discussing foot speed and agility.
- ON a similar note, Craig Liebenson has a post asking “can speed be trained?” This one is a must read, well written and thorough as usual from Craig.
- Hey anyone have any interest in translating Kevin Wilk and I’s rehab protocol CDs into other languages? I’ve been thinking of this sometime. Who knows probably not enough interest but would be good potentially? Do any of my international readers think this may be a good idea? Thinking at least Spanish and Japanese. Contact me if you have interest with a nominal fee and potentially authorship.
- My daughter has a Wally the Green Monster doll (shocker) that cracks me up. Every time I look at this thing his pants are down. It seems like I’ll pull them up, leave the room, and come back the next day and his pants are down again!!! Creepy…
Video of the Week
Anyone get the new Microsoft Xbox Kinetic motion controller? Curious how it works, knew it was only a matter of time before these videos surfaced: