This week’s Stuff You Should Read comes from Eric Cressey and Artemis Scantalides.
Inner Circle Updates
My last Inner Circle webinar on “Assessing Shoulder Capsular Mobility” is now launched. In this webinar, I discuss:
- The anatomy of the shoulder capsule and glenohumeral ligaments
- How different arm positions stress different aspects of the capsule
- How to determine which ligament and aspect of the capsule is tight
- How to assess range of motion at different positions to assess different portions of the capsule
- How to perform range of motion and capsular mobility assessment of the shoulder
- Clinical tips on the assessment technique
I also try to offer exclusive discounts for my Inner Circle members each month. The July and August Inner Circle member discount is 20% off Mike Boyle’s latest program Functional Strength Coach 5! This is an exclusive discount to my Inner Circle only! Functional Strength Coach 5 is the best edition of Mike’s popular series yet. In fact, it’s mandatory for all of our staff at Champion to watch! We have integrated many of Mike’s concepts into what we do at Champion.
Not and Inner Circle Member yet?!? In addition to these webinars and this month’s exclusive discount, Inner Circle members have access to years worth of webinars, an exclusive member-only forum to interact, and more!
Rehabwebinars.com has a new presentation up from Stan Conte, PT, DPT, ATC on The Prevalence of UCL Reconstruction in Professional Baseball Players 2013. In this presentation Stan discusses prevalence of UCL reconstruction in Major League Baseball using data from survey of 1,032 players. This presentation will:
- Overview data from combined Major and Minor leagues.
- Discuss prevalence in regards to position and level of play.
- Discuss subjective data from players regarding perceived velocity change, prior surgeries, surgeries after UCL reconstruction, and post surgical satisfaction.
Please visit RehabWebinars.com to learn more about joining and accessing this webinar and more than 100 other great webinars:
Functional Stability Training is 20% Off this Week!
Eric Cressey and I announced earlier this week that we have put all three Functional Stability Training programs on sale for 20% off this week only! Get a copy of FST for the Core, Lower Body, or Upper Body (or all 3!) and save! Offer ends this Sunday at midnight EST:
What is a “Big League Body?”
Speaking of Eric Cressey, he has an article up on What is a “Big League Body.” I actually discuss this with my clients all the time to assure they have the right perspective.
One Movement that will Help Your Pull-up
Artemis Scantalides (who I’m speaking with at the Elite Fitness Summit this weekend) has an article up on One Movement that will Help Your Pull-up: