As December rolls around, I always like to reflect and end the year with two articles – 1) the top articles from the past year, and 2) a summary of what I have learned in the past year.
2014 was another great year! We had nearly 2 million people visit MikeReinold.com from all around the world. It still amazes me that this website can impact so many people around the world. In fact people visited MikeReinold.com from 210 different countries ranging from the United States to literally 1 person from Burkina Faso, and even 1 person from Vatican City (perhaps Pope Francis had tight hip flexors…)!
Top Articles From 2014
Here are the top articles in terms of visits that were written this year. I slowed down a bit in 2014, not sure if you noticed. With the opening of my performance center, Champion Physical Therapy and Performance, I have been busy building out our business and systems. We’ll be releasing more information on upcoming seminars and mentorships at Champion so we can share these with you! 2015 is going to be exciting.
- The True Hip Flexor Stretch – One of the top articles, which I am really ahppy about as I feel this is a MANDATORY article to read. We are stretching the hip flexor wrong, use this to make a big impact on your programs.
- Do ACL Hamstring Grafts Fail More than Patellar Tendon Grafts? – A research report that was popular with people Googling different graft options.
- 5 Reasons there are so Many MLB Tommy John Injuries – This was very popular around the start of the MLB season when there was so much media attention on Tommy John injuries. Here is my take on why.
- Is Perfect Squat Form a Myth? – A newer article but one of the more popular for the year. I found myself telling my clients the same thing over and over again, which often leads to an article! Here is my take on squat technique.
- A New Exercise for Strength and Stability of the Shoulder – A very recent yet popular article due to so many social media shares. A simple new product that you can use. I’ve been using it a lot lately.
- Assessing Shoulder and Scapular Dynamic Mobility – A nice video around the time Eric Cressey and I released Functional Stability Training of the Upper Body. This is a clip from the product that people enjoyed.
- A New Exercise for Shoulder, Scapula, and Core Control – A video from my friend Tad Sayce that shows a great new exercise you should try.
Top Inner Circle Webinars from 2014
- Integrating Manual Therapy Techniques – My system for integrating manual therapy techniques into my practice.
- Designing Functional Rehabilitation Programs - How I design my rehab programs. This was popular and a refreshing modern approach for rehab.
- 5 Common Stretches We Probably Shouldn’t Be Doing – We definitely over stretch. Here are a few common stretches I often tell people to STOP doing!
- Strategies for Anterior Pelvic Tilt – Anterior pelvic tilt is so common that this was a pretty popular webinar this year!
- 5 Tips for Treating Scapular Winging – Scapular Dyskinesis is often tough to treat, here are a few things I find helpful to help people recover faster.
Thanks for Another Great Year!!!